Sutter Home Family Vineyards
Sutter Home is credited with bringing wine into many American homes for the first time. Since its rise in popularity in the 1970s and ’80s, the winery went on to bring a number of new varietals into wider availability across the country. They are lighter, sweeter, and more accessible than other premium wines in St. Helena and the surrounding area. Most, including some reserve wines, are available to try at the winery tasting room.
Things to know before you go
*Visitors can pop into the tasting room or take a self-guided tour of the gardens. *Tastings are complimentary, available for guests 21 years of age or older. *Guided tours from San Francisco typically include hotel pickup and often visit other wineries like Madonna Estate and Sebastiani Vineyards.
How to get there
Located at 277 St. Helena Hwy (Highway 29) in the Napa Valley, Sutter Home Winery is about 70 miles (112 km) from San Francisco. Follow US-101 over the Golden Gate Bridge and take CA-37 E to CA-121 N toward Napa/Sonoma. Continue on to CA-29 and follow signs to your destination. Alternate routes depart from the East Bay.
When to get there
The vineyard is open daily from 10am to 5pm. With mild temps year-round, travelers can make the most of any season. Annual events like Live in the Vineyard, which features rockin’ live music with “rock-star” wines in autumn, are worth planning for.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon