The Muir Woods National Monument is a must-see destination on any visit to the San Francisco Bay Area. Home to one of the world's last remaining coastal redwood forests, this protected nature reserve allows travelers to hike, relax, or picnic among these giant Northern California trees for an incredible experience only minutes from the city. The Muir Woods forest forms part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, which includes nearby outdoor attractions including Stinson Beach—the park's only lifeguarded beach—and Fort Baker, offering great views of the Golden Gate Bridge from Marin County.
Ways to experience Muir Woods
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Muir Woods hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Muir Woods?
- San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods & Wine Country w/ optional Gourmet Lunch
- Muir Woods and Sausalito Half Day Tour (Optional Sausalito Ferry Ticket)
- Alcatraz Tour plus Muir Woods and Sausalito Day Trip
- Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Oakland
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon