- Full-day small group tour by minivan to the Pyrenees
- Visiting the historic town of Vic and its cathedral and market square
- Personalized small group and commentary
- Riding the rack railway from Queralbs to a stunning mountain valley
- Hiking, horse riding, boating and other activities
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
All of our tours meet at our office, which is directly across from the outside cafe area of the Palau de la Musica. We advise that you arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Depending on the size of the group and the traffic restrictions on the day of the tour, your tour will finish back at the office, or in Placa Catalunya, which is an easy 3-5 minute walk from the office.
What To Expect
As you travel, hear tales of the region’s history from your guide and pass Montseny Natural Park, a protected region of mountains, forests and high moors.
After roughly an hour, make your first stop in the quaint market town of Vic. Enjoy free time for breakfast (own expense) or to explore the medieval center, with its picturesque market square, cathedral and Romanesque and neoclassical buildings.
Back aboard your minivan, continue to the stone-built mountain village of Queralbs; the last point on your route accessible by road. Leave the minivan, and accompanied by your guide, ride the rack railway up to the Nuria Valley. Home to a lake and bright green pastures ringed by high peaks, this picturebook valley is one of the most beautiful in the Pyrenees.
Admire the scenery from the train, and on arrival, enjoy several hours to explore as you wish. Perhaps follow your choice of the hiking trails suitable for different fitness levels, such as the paths up to the Valley Coma de Vaca. Although a good physical fitness is not a prerequisite of this tour, a reasonable level is required if you wish to take the Coma de Vaca trails.
Alternatively, take your pick from the local activities (own expense) such as horseriding or boating, or enjoy a meal (own expense) at one of the traditional Catalan restaurants. See the Itinerary for details of the activities available.
When the time comes, return to Barcelona where your trip ends at the start point.
Please note: Annual track maintenance on the rack railway from Queralbs means that the line is closed between Mondays and Fridays from November 1 to November 30. On these days, the tour will run to an alternative itinerary that involves accessing the mountain valleys by road or hiking at a lower height. These changes will in no way take away from your Pyrenees experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- On rare occasions the railway track closes without notice due to routine maintenance. The tour will offer alternative options suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Alternatives will range from going by road up into the beautiful mountain valleys or low level mountain walks, and the views will be just as stunning!
- This tour is in English only.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "First, this day trip is long, but sooo worth it!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews