- Private 3.5-hour morning or afternoon tour of Westminster Abbey and the Banqueting House in London
- Tour Westminster Abbey, one of the English capital’s most iconic sights
- Visit the banqueting hall, which hosted royal parties, and admire the ceiling frescoes by Flemish master Sir Peter Paul Rubens
- Receive the undivided attention of a professional guide, also a specialist in art history, on this private tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Westminster Abbey, central London Address: 20 Deans Yd, London, SW1P 3PA, UK Directions: Please meet outside the Cathedral’s West entrance, next to bookshop.
Return point: Concludes inside the Banqueting House, central London
What To Expect
Head inside with your guide and learn how the abbey has served as a royal burial place, coronation site and wedding stage for centuries. All England’s monarchs since 1066 have been crowned here, and the church has presided over many royal weddings, including the union of the now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
As you look around, inspect the memorials to artists, soldiers, writers and statesmen; and glimpse the College Garden, believed to be around 1,000 years old.
Having explored Westminster Abbey, stroll along Whitehall, where the British Prime Minister is based, to Banqueting House, the only remaining building of what was once the Palace of Whitehall, a royal residence destroyed by fire in 1698.
Stand on the exact spot where Charles I was beheaded in 1649 for supposedly committing high treason, and then follow your guide into the 17th-century building. Explore the richly gilded rooms, and admire the decorative banqueting hall, once used for banquets and grand ceremonies. Here, take time to appreciate the glorious ceiling murals commissioned by Charles I and painted by Sir Peter Paul Rubens in 1636.
Your tour concludes when you leave Banqueting House and say goodbye to your guide, leaving you free to continue exploring independently or head back to your hotel.
Please note: Banqueting House is closed during the afternoons. If you select an afternoon tour, your visit will be replaced by a longer visit to Westminster Abbey.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that Westminster Abbey is closed on Sundays in which case the tour will be varied
- Note, we always try to provide local contact details too - if we have this information - it will be available on the booking form
- Please note: The Banqueting House is closed from December 21 to April 1. The tour will visit The National Gallery during this time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ARTSTUR Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff