Explore our promoted experiences
- See the sights of Golden Gate Park on a 2-hour Segway tour in San Francisco
- Discover the area’s best secrets with a local guide
- Pass top attractions like the California Academy of Sciences and the Conservatory of Flowers
- Enjoy a more personal experience with a small group
Departure & Return
Training lot is located across the street from the Japanese Tea Garden in the paved area directly behind the Sprekels Temple of Music (band stage) in the Golden Gate Park Music Concourse area. Area is not visible until you are behind the Bandshell (stage).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start by meeting your guide and participating in a 35- to 45-minute practice session to get used to your Segway, which most riders find to be very intuitive. Then set off, gliding through the park with your guide, who will tell you about the history of the park, such as how it went from uninhabited sand dunes in the 1870s to a well-planned city gathering space that’s home to museums, lakes, gardens and more. Spot sights like the Shakespeare Garden, the lawn bowling courts, the Conservatory of Flowers, Stow Lake and two impressive museums—the California Academy of Sciences and the de Young, a fine arts museum.
Cruise past Lily Pond, a pioneer log cabin, a grove of redwood trees and other lesser-known highlights, and make plenty of stops to take photos of this 1,000-acre (405-hectare) sanctuary that spreads from the middle of the city to Ocean Beach. Your tour ends with return to the starting point in the park.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- SEGWAY RIDER REQUIREMENTS:
- All guests must be age 12 or older.
- All guests must weigh between 100-250 lbs or 45-113 kilos.
- NOTE: We have a scale on site and check minimum weights for safety of all of our guests. Underweight guests will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
- No pregnant guests are allowed due to safety reasons.
- This activity is not recommended for some guests that are: ages 70 years and older, have had recent surgeries or have motor skill/control issues.
- Each customer must sign a Liability Waiver.
- Helmets and safety vests are provided and are required.
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY San Francisco Electric Tour Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff