Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Enjoy a unique, scenic dining experience aboard the famous Napa Valley Wine Train
- Ride a restored antique train through gorgeous Napa Valley
- Enjoy a freshly prepared gourmet lunch and a glass of wine
- Admire gorgeous views of rolling vineyards on your ride to St. Helena
- Round-trip transport from San Francisco included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Climb aboard the antique restored train, where you are shown to your seat and poured a welcome glass of wine. Relax and enjoy the views out of the train's large glass windows as it travels north through Yountville, Oakville, and Rutherford on the route to St. Helena.
Take a break from the gazing at the scenery to explore the antique train. Visit the kitchen car to watch your gourmet lunch being prepared or stop by the lounge car to enjoy a cocktail or another glass of wine (own expense.)
Choose the first or second lunch seating (see Schedule & Pricing below for details.) The menu is seasonal, and features fresh, in-season ingredients (see Itinerary below for a sample menu.) The highly-acclaimed restaurant uses sustainable meat and produce that are locally sourced from within the Napa Valley whenever possible.
Hop off the Wine Train in St. Helena in the early evening to board the shuttle for Vallejo, and take the ferry or bus back to San Francisco.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Any reserved seats not claimed within 10 minutes prior to departure may be released for resale
- Dress code is smart casual
- Ferry runs Mon-Fri; bus runs Sat & Sun
- Not wheelchair or scooter accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Napa Valley Wine Train
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms