Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Ride on a restored or replica cable car outfitted with wheels so it can travel all over the city
- See San Francisco sights such as Alamo Square and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Stop at three locations for guided walking tours
- Pass through Union Square, Chinatown, the Presidio, and many more neighborhoods
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the flag poles between Pier 35 and Embarcadero’s Public Park no later than 15 minutes prior to your departure time. Tour Guide will be wearing an orange jacket and holding a flag, both adorned with the Hornblower Classic Cable Cars logo.
What To Expect
Make your first stop at the Civic Center area where you follow your guide on a walking tour to admire the Beaux-Arts architecture of City Hall, a symbol of the American Renaissance of the 1880s to 1910s.
Back onboard the cable car, continue to Alamo Square, your second stop, for a walking tour around this local park known for the Painted Ladies, also known as the 'Full House' houses. Cruise through Golden Gate Park, the high-end Sea Cliff neighborhood, and along the city's Pacific coastline, finally arriving at the Golden Gate Bridge, where you hop off to walk onto the iconic red bridge and hear from your guide about its history and design.
Then return once more to the cable car for the drive through the Presidio and the wealthy neighborhood of Pacific Heights, passing by the house from 'Mrs. Doubtfire.' See Ghirardelli Square before returning to your departure point, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants (4 and under) are free, but they must be seated on the lap of an adult.
- Cable cars are wheeled and not on rails to provide maximum flexibility for city sightseeing
- Dress in layers as temperatures can be quite cold on the open-air cable car
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hornblower Classic Cable Cars
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Decent trip guide was great top tip If you go out side of summer rap up well it was freezing saw all main sites on ver sll worth while" See review