Explore our promoted experiences
- Private, guided talking tour car rental
- Explore San Francisco city on a two-seater, talking GPS go car
- Travel around San Francisco at your own pace on a self guided tour
- Visit San Francisco attractions including Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Park and Ocean Beach
Departure & Return
Tour departs from Fisherman's Wharf • Located Taylor Street • Phone +1-415-441-5695. Open 10am - 6pm.
What To Expect
Strap on your helmet, climb into the tiny car, and take off on your city adventure. Listen for directions that are clear and informative, telling you where to go and commentary about the historical and cultural significance of your destinations. Follow the designated route or make up your own tour based on your interests like film, art or nature. Explore the city at your own pace, stopping to spend more time at places that interest you. Landmarks on the preloaded tour include over 50 points of interest like Ocean Beach, Golden Gate Park, Fort Point, Crissy Field, Lombard Street and the Palace of Fine Arts.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- GoCars hold a maximum of 2 people. Prices are per GoCar - not per person.
- Pickup location must be chosen at time of booking. This is the location where your GoCar will be reserved
- Driver must be 21 years or older to rent and must provide a major credit card and valid driver’s license at the time of check-in. A driver’s license must be in the customer’s physical possession (no photocopy). For foreign customer’s, an international license is not necessary.
- Passengers must be 4 years of age or older - and small children must safely fit into one of our DOT approved helmets. The GoCar is registered as a motorcycle - but a motorcycle license is not required to operate the vehicle.
- All renters must be able to read, understand and sign a liability release and waiver form (standard participant agreement)
- On the day of rental, a $500 security deposit will be held on the customer’s credit card. If a CDW or SLI insurance plan is selected, a $150 security deposit will be held. The security deposit is released when the GoCar is returned.
- Foreign language options are available in French, Spanish, Italian and German
- For the safety and comfort of passengers the maximum height is 6'4" (1.9m) and maximum combined weight of 500 lbs (226.8 kg) for two passengers
- Can you stop along the way?
- Yes, you set your own pace. The car always knows where you are and you can park anywhere you want (motorcycle parking or car parking) for as long as you want, and as soon as you start to drive again, the car will begin to talk!
- Do you have to stay on the tour?
- Absolutely not! If there is a San Francisco sight you wish to see but is not yet included on the tour, just use the map provided to navigate your own way through the city streets.
- Are controlled with a motorcycle-style handle, throttle, and hand brakes. The 3-wheeled cars seat two and have a lockable trunk for your things. Their small size makes parking a breeze, and in San Francisco - a major bonus!
- How fast does the car go?
- Up to 35-mph. Note that drivers in San Francisco do not typically drive fast, therefore an average speed of 30-mph or less can be expected while driving.
- Can you cross the Golden Gate Bridge?
- No, but the tour will navigate you to Fort Point. Here the bridge soars about 200-feet above your head. It is possible to gain pedestrian access to the bridge span from the car park at the bridge vantage point.
- What is a CDW?
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is an optional form of insurance similar to rental car insurance that limits your liability in case of accident. It is non-refundable. If you opt to purchase the CDW your deposit for rented a GoCar is only USD$150.00 instead of USD$400.00
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GoCar Rentals, Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms